Monday, September 2, 2013

31DC2O13: Day 2 - Orange Nails

Hello Lacquer Luvers! Today is Day 2 of the 31 Day Challenge. I had so many ideas for orange nails but one kept speaking to me. I wanted to do orange creamsicle nails. However, my freehand skills are terrible so I had to improvise.


The only way I would be able to pull these off was to water marble my design. I thought about how pretty of a design a  creamsicle could make if it melted. With my idea fresh in my head and my naked nails screaming to come alive with color, I headed to my stash to pick out polishes that would be just right for my manicure. 


I started off with a base of Essie Feed Me followed by 2 coats of Bettina Sherbet. Sherbet is an orange cream from their Candy collection and was applied in two easy coats. I used Sherbet and Essie Marshmallow for the water marble design and topped it all off with a coat of HK Girl topcoat. 


I love how Marshmallow is so sheer the mani stayed mostly orange throughout. I  would love to hear what you think about my water marbled design so please leave a comment below Lacquer Luvers! Don't forget to tag your pics #31DC2013 on instagram so that we can all see. As always, I hope you enjoyed this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

3 comments:

  1. I think that is beautiful... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My naked nails screaming to come alive with color" <3 but yea the sheerness of essie marshmallow is perfect and really gives this mani that creamsicle look. You def nailed it! Pun intended :-P

    ReplyDelete