Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I Love Dots N' Stripes!

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I am so excited to share this post with you all today. I have been wanting a black and white glitter polish foreverrr and my very good friend, Sahyly of LyLy Nails, was kind enough to gift me one that I absolutely adore! I intended to layer this beauty over a neon yellow, orange, and pink gradient. However, I could not for the life of me get this gradient combination to work for me. I haven't given up on it, I WILL conquer the neon gradient some day. But for now, I decided to go with a lovely neon base color that I think works very well with my black and white glitter.


I began my manicure with a base of Milani Smoothe Base Coat. For those of you that read my blog often, this might come as a surprise since I always use Essie Grow Faster as a base. I somehow lost my beloved Essie in the midst of organizing my space and getting ready for the arrival of our daughter. I must say, though, Milani's base coat is pretty amazing and really does smooth out any imperfections or ridges in your nails.


Next I applied 2 coats of Color Club's Age of Aquarius. Age of Aquarius is a beautiful neon turquoise polish. As with all neons, this one was very hard to photograph to show it's true color. It leans more green in person. Application and formula for this polish was nice and easy. It went on very smooth. This polish doesn't dry completely matte like most other neons. It's more of a satin finish. By that I mean it's not entirely matte nor is it glossy. It's right in the middle of those two.


I wanted to give some sparkle/shimmer to my base color. I chose Oh Baby! by Pure Ice for this. Oh Baby! is really a stunner. This beauty of a polish is a cream/clear base full of duochrome shimmer that fades from blue to green then pink to purple depending on the angle. I could not get it to flash the other colors as the sun was already going down when I took these photos but, trust me, this is one polish you should not pass up if you see it in stores!


Next I applied one coat of Dots N' Stripes. Dots N' Stripes was created by SparklesbyJulie and can be found in her shop on Etsy. Dots N' Stripes contains varying sizes of hexagonal and bar glitter that are black and white and are suspended in a clear base. This polish goes on really smooth, none of the bar glitter gave me any trouble and I didn't have to dab it on like I thought I would have. This baby is also three-free!


I love this manicure so much! It is simple but has so much dimension with the shimmer topcoat and the fun glitter! I cannot wait to try Dots N' Stripes over other polishes in my collection as I'm sure she will definitely be making a reappearance on my blog soon. What is your favorite black and white glitter out right now? Is this something you would try? What colors do you think this would look best layered over? I can't wait to read your suggestions! As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

7 comments:

  1. Love it! That is a pretty blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just purchased this! Thank you for the post!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so in love with this combo!! Love the addition of the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty combo. The shimmer makes it WOW for me. I Love that you did that!!!

    I would layer this over Orange! A Bright bright orange. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. gah!! I love Age of Aquarius!!
    Also, I need to get those black and white glitter polishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete