Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pink Aurora

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I hope you all are enjoying the weekend. My weekend is going pretty well thanks to a surprise by the Hubby. He's been working out of town since November and wasn't supposed to return until May. However, he got some new puppies to train (he's a Greyhound trainer) so he's home for the next 2 months and that makes me incredibly happy. It's hard seeing him just 2 days a week, so him being home for the next 2 months is great news for me! =)

You girls loved the franken in my Pink Wednesday & My Franken so much that I just HAD to give her her own post! If you all remember, I had asked for name suggestions for this beauty as I was so stuck trying to come up with the perfect name for her. Lizzy O., thank you so much for your suggestion, Pink Aurora! That is exactly what this polish reminds me of - a pink aurora borealis - and it is the absolute perfect name! Before I get on to the pics, let me warn you now:

**WARNING/DISCLAIMER: LuvMyLacquer is not responsible for any drool that reaches your keyboard due to the gorgeousness of this post. Please, take a minute to get a tissue before you proceed.**

Outside in the shade
This manicure began with a base of OPI Nail Envy. I applied 2 coats of WetNWild Ebony Hates Chris. I could've easily gotten away with one coat but decided to do two for photo purposes. Once that dried, I applied one coat of my franken, Pink Aurora. I topped this manicure with a coat of Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat.

Outside in the shade
Direct sunlight
Direct sunlight
Outside in the shade
<3 Close-up/Macro shot <3
Photo credit: http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2001/ast31jul_1/
So ladies, what do you think of my franken on the nail? I am absolutely in love with her! This polish can easily be used for a Galaxy Nail manicure as it looks so much like scattered stars amongst a pink sky. This is so much fun to look at. I can't stop staring at my nails! I especially love the iridescent glitter and watching the colors flash as I turn my hand different ways. Lizzy, I would love to thank you for helping me name this baby by sending you a ring! It will be the same as mine & totally new (lol). If you leave me your full name and shipping address in an email at luvmylacquer@yahoo.com I will be sure to have it in the mail for you this week! And don't worry, I use adjustable ring blanks so it will fit you =) As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

9 comments:

  1. LOVE it! The name does fit :) Looks great, you should mix some more frankens :D
    & congrats on winning the ring Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I NEEEEEDDDDD THISSS! Pink makes my little lacquer heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so wish i could swim around in pink aurora! love the nails with the ring to match <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS! I want a ring made with this! OMG it's gorgeous!

    Awesome franken Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *thud* Love it, sweet pea! I didn't know you made jewelry, too, so cool. I wish I knew how to do that. *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! You picked one of the names!!! Oh dear, this baby, I mean "Pink Aurora" looks even more beautiful on black. Goshh darn it!! *wipes drool*.. she's stunning!

    Thank you soo much for the mention, and for my new ring. I'm all sorts of excited and can't wait to see it!!!

    Yippeee dee doo! You're awesome Jessica. Address coming your way, in 5,4,3,2.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Stunning! And the ring, in direct sunlight, looks like a galaxy! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete