Monday, January 30, 2012

Gorgeous Glitter Gal

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and that your Monday is off to a better start than mine. My son spilled grape juice all over his uniform right before getting on the bus for school. I had to scramble getting something for him to wear in about 4 minutes before the bus came, which made for a pretty hectic start for the week. However, everything gets better once you paint your nails, right? Right! =)

Last week I received the best swap package ever from Mary! I have been lemming for Glitter Gal's Light As A Feather foreverrr and she was kind enough to swap me for it. I sent her a nail polish ring I made using my franken, Pink Aurora, along with a red polish (her favorite shade) & some other little treats. Mary sent me a lovely card, some yummy candy (Tyus, my son, went at the candy before I could open the card, lol!), Diamond Cosmetics Don't Teal My Heart Away (this shade was made for Ovarian Cancer Awareness) & my lemming - Glitter Gal Light As A Feather!

I couldn't wait to get this beauty on my nails! Although I loved my splatter mani from Friday, I just couldn't wait any longer so I took it off this morning and sat down in my polish room to paint on some epic gorgeousness. And believe me, a white-grey holo is indeed EPIC!


I began my manicure today with a base coat of L.A. Colors hardener-strengthener. It's a clear blue polish that you can find in dollar stores and serves as a dupe for NfuOh's Aqua Base (the suggested base coat for holographic polishes). Once dried, I applied three coats of Light As A Feather. I didn't use a top coat for this manicure as I didn't want the holo effect to get "lost." Light As A Feather has a great formula and brush. I didn't have any brush strokes and it applied effortlessly, though you do need at least three coats to reach full opacity as it is a bit sheer.


I've seen this polish described as a white holo. I would definitely say it's more of a pale grey. All-in-all it is oh so yummy!



I can't stop staring at my nails! I would say this is one holo that would be okay to wear to work since it's so light and the holographic effect is subtle, yet very much there. Next time I wear this I will layer it over Bettina Sand Blast since the bottles are small (9ml) & I want this to last me forever! What do you all think? What's your most favorite holo polish in your collection? I would like to thank Mary, again, for swapping with me! I absolutely am in love with this baby. As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

**Glitter Gal holographic nail polishes can be purchased directly from their site, www.glittergal.com/au as well as on Leah Ann's website, www.shop.llarowe.com**

11 comments:

  1. I love it! So pretty I really want this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you can get it. It's definitely one of my favorites =)

      Delete
  2. This color is amazing! I can't wait for the larger bottles!!!

    Oh! I nominated you for an award!!
    http://www.nailpolishwars.com/2012/01/i-love-your-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the larger bottles either! Thank you so much Nicole, xoxo!!

      Delete
  3. this is GORGEOUS!! glad I found your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's subtle, but that what makes it's gorgeousness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Thank you so much for reading love!

      Delete
  5. This is one of my wish list polishes!! I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete