Friday, January 27, 2012

Fun Friday Splatter Mani

Hello Lacquer Luvers! It's the end of the week and I have a fun Friday manicure to share with you all. I was inspired by Ms. Jodi over at Captivating Claws to do this mani today. Jodi posted An Electropop Splatter manicure on her blog & I could not stop thinking about how fun it looked and how I really wanted to have this on my nails! I do not have the Electropop Collection by China Glaze, however, I have some pretty awesome Bettina's that I thought I could do this with. For my splatter mani, I used the following colors by Bettina: Matte, Yellow, Sherbet, Pink Bikini, Green Apple, Peppermint, & Secret Garden (see photo below).


I began this manicure with a base of Essie Grow Faster. Next, I applied two coats of Matte. Matte is a white cream polish that is just so perfect. I love this polish because white polishes tend to be streaky, uneven, and thick. This one, however, is totally opposite of that. The formula is amazing!


Once the two coats of Matte dried, I began splattering. To achieve this look, you will need some straws. I used 2 straws that I got from Dunkin' Donuts and cut them into three pieces each so that I could have six short straws (1 for each color that I splattered). On a piece of glossy paper, I dropped a few drops of Secret Garden. I dipped the end of the straw in the polish and blew short strong puffs into the opposite end of the straw to push the polish out and onto my nails. Once you have your first color down, you just rotate the straws and the polishes until you have each color on all of your nails.


Ooooh, pretty colors!



How fun does that look?! I LOVE this so much! It looks like someone dropped buckets of paint onto my nails. What do you all think of this mani? Is this something you would wear? I had so much fun recreating Jodi's manicure. Make sure you all go have a look & follow her blog, Captivating Claws, as I am sure you all will love it just as much as I do! There are a few great tutorials on YouTube, also, that show you how to do this (just type in splatter mani). As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

17 comments:

  1. This looks so cool.
    I love all the color you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try this! Looks like a painting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun! You should definitely give it a try =]

      Delete
  3. Looks so much fun Jess!! I need to give it a try as well.!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yamii! I can't wait to see you try this out, xo!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this! Might try it out tomorrow! Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see you try this! Make sure to tweet me or link me if you do! Thank you so much for following <3

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the shout out!! This is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely and totally and utterly and over-the-topperly love love LOVE this - its so happy !! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! I love splatter manis, but have yet to try it. Great job it's HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like it should be on display somewhere. lol.. SHoot these are the kind of "art works" that gets the big bucks! Gorgeously done Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THIS. I've been wanting to splatter for a while, but have yet to do so for some reason. It looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete