Friday, January 20, 2012

Abstract Metal Mani

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I hope you all are having a fantastic Friday! Today I will be sharing an abstract nail design with you along with a polish that was gifted to me by my sister. I was beyond excited when I opened my sister's gift to me for Christmas. She got me two pretty polishes from Claire's. The one I'm sharing with you today is called Dark Green. It is a metallic polish from their Point The Finger line. You all know how much I love greens and this one is right up my alley.


I began my manicure today with a coat of Essie's Grow Faster for my base. Once dried, I applied three coats of Dark Green. This polish has a metallic finish. As you can imagine, and as with most metallic polishes, this one did leave brush strokes on my nails. Honestly, I didn't mind that so much because I just loved the color! Dry time for this polish was average.


For nail art, I chose two abstract designs off of the same image plate to play with. The image plate I used is BundleMonster's BM-208. I alternated the design on each finger which made my pinky, middle and thumb the same, and my ring and pointer fingers the same. I used Konad Special Stamping Polish in black for the nail art. I topped my manicure off with Essie's Good To Go fast-drying top coat. This was the first time I used anything besides Seche Vite over stamping. Most topcoats have a tendency to smear stamped designs. To my surprise, this one didn't & I was very happy about that.



So Lacquer Luvers, what do you all think of this manicure? I'm quite fond of this shade of green on my skin tone. I love that the stamping covers up some of the brush strokes, too. Would you wear this color or this design? How do you feel about metallic polishes? As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

9 comments:

  1. LuvMyLacquer is tremendous. So much prettier then that "crackle" polish. Shows your talent. LuvMyLacquerMom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡QuĂ© manicura tan bonita! Es preciosa.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color! Such a pretty green! Love the stamping! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love the green base and your stamping is perfect! Really nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, sooo pretty! I don't know what I love more about the name, the "Spoiled Rotten" or the "Point the Finger", lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great!!! ♥ Will copy it tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete