Thursday, November 17, 2011

Finally Found Fowl Play!

Hello Lacquer Luvers! Today I have a beautiful polish to share with you, it is Orly Fowl Play. Orly released their Birds of a Feather Collection back in September and it contains 6 gorgeous shades ranging from cremes to incredibly shimmering & iridescent colors. This collection was inspired by nature and beautiful flocks of birds and their lovely feathers.


I have been searching high and low for this collection since it's release and had absolutely no luck. I went to my local Sally's in hopes of finding Androgynie from their new Holiday Soiree Collection. I couldn't believe they had quite a few of them there. While waiting in line, I saw their display and a Orly Gift Set. I stepped out of line and grabbed it quick since it was the only one there and someone else was at the display. In the gift set, there are 3 full size polishes from the Birds of a Feather Collection, Sweet Peacock, Lucky Duck, & Fowl Play along with a cuuute purple suede wristlet that has a detachable peacock feather zipper pull. This set retails for $9.99 at Sally's.

For this mani, I started with my OPI Nail Envy base coat followed by 3 coats of Orly Fowl Play. I topped it off with my fast dry top coat by Seche Vite.


Fowl Play is a deep purple jelly that is full of goodies! It has everything in it from blue and purple glitter to silver micro shimmer. The star of this baby are the flakies which have a stunning flash that shifts from red to green  to an orange-yellow color. Truly gorgeous! I had no problems with application and thought the formula was really great.


Do any of you guys have Fowl Play? I am really loving this deep purple flakie & cannot wait to try the other colors in this set. I hope you all like this post my dear Lacquer Luvers & I look forward to sharing tomorrow's post with you, xo!

~Jessica

6 comments:

  1. This a perfect color for this season i love it =)
    http://yamiidoesnails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you finally was able to locate the polish. Love the shimmer. LuvMyLacquerMom

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Yamiicruz I agree, definitely great for the season =)
    @Mom I was lucky to get the last set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fowl Play is a major lemming of mine. It's not a color I usually go for but it's so pretty and original (even though it has a semi dupe)... I just love it! Hopefully I can get my hands on it one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love <3 i have yet to get my hands on this. i wonder what semi dupe kelly is talking about

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kelly it was for me, too! I've entered a few contests hoping to win it since I couldn't find it here & was happily surprised when I did see it.
    @naudiibeautii she might be referring to OPI's Merry Midnight ;)

    ReplyDelete